Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Sight seeing in Utah and visiting some of my very best friends.

I left Las Vegas early so I could temple hop and see some of my good friends before reporting to the MTC on September 1st. I got a pretty nice hotel room in SLC over by the airport but the internet was awful. I had to sit on the floor and hope it would connect. This made my logistics a bit challenging but I still was able to find everywhere I wanted to go. I was able to go to the Ogden Temple re-dedication on Thursday morning, August 28th. It was at 9:00am and still there was a ton of people. It looks much bigger now than the original temple. It is beautiful inside and will be used all the time I am quite sure. I went to the Brigham City Temple because Bro. Barrett from our Sacramento Temple always told me I had to go there. It is a very small temple. It use to be a tabernacle and was converted to a temple a few years back. The seats in the endowment room are the same antique chairs used in the tabernacle. The are beautifully ornate. But the most amazing scenes were on the sealing room ceilings. They are covered with the most gorgeous blooms of pink. But I couldn't leave Utah without seeing Debbie Knudsen and Lois Sweeten again one last time. So ff to lunch and a really fun visit.  I also went to the Salt Lake Temple to do a session on a Saturday so there were all kinds of weddings going on and lots of people. But there is nothing like the beauty of the inside of the Salt Lake Temple. Words cannot describe it. For site seeing I went to the This Is the Place monument. I have always wanted to see it and I finally made it. It was a cloudy day with rain threatening so it wasn't very busy. I was able to get some good pictures. After gazing over the Sal Lake Valley I can understand why the Lord brought the pioneers there. It was the perfect spot! Next day was Sunday so I went to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. During the winter months starting in September or in this case, the last week in August, the choir moves it's Spoken Word performances to the Tabernacle from the Conference Center. I have seen them perform in both settings and both times it was great. The tabernacle cannot hold all the choir so I guess maybe they all take turns performing each week. The music by the choir and orchestra was outstanding and brought tears to many in attendance. Sooooo here are all my pictures   and I do mean all. I'm getting this picture thing down real good now. Did I mention I love to drive? A lot?

                                                         My hotel room, Adequate



















                           At the Ogden Temple open house August 28th, 2014









At the Brigham City Temple thanks to a sweet sister from Ireland who took my picture.
At the Brigham City Temple




At the Salt Lake Temple, That's me!


 This is the Place Monument and a view of the Salt Lake Valley.




















The Spoken Word broadcast at the Tabernacle on Temple Square on Sunday, August 31st. Church at the 14th Ward building with a stained glass window of the first vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment