Sunday, October 5, 2014

Lasting memories

I know this blog is suppose to be about my mission but there were some many incredible things that led up to it. I must mention the road to my mission because it was filled with so many miracles and good memories. On Memorial Day weekend I moved out of my home of 17 years that I had helped build. There were many wonderful memories my family and friends enjoyed there but it was time to move on and I will take all these things with me.
So where did I move for 2 weeks? I moved to Kevin's house. He probably wasn't that thrilled but I know his kids were happy to have me. Kevin doesn't like change and having me there was a big interruption for him. But we all did well. I spent much of my time while my grandkids were at school cleaning my old house. My Dad always taught me to leave things as I found them and all those years of Boy Scouts taught me to leave no trace so I spent a week cleaning. I continued to pick up Lena and Gabe from school but now we went to their house and did things there. The last week of school was awards so I went to those to cheer them on. The FFA Banquet was also that last week to I went to support the FFA program which I loved serving in and to support Samantha. Ashley was a Freshman at River City High School so it was just a relief to her to have that 1st year done. Gabe and Lena both received several awards. It's hard to see them in the pictures below but I did my best. Samantha received outstanding student for floral from Mrs. Spears. that was a big deal because she was chosen out of all the the FFA students.
 Gabe's Kindergarten Graduation from Southport School
 Lena Rose and Gabe with their awards
 Samantha with her Outstanding Floral Award.

No comments:

Post a Comment