Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Road trip to Houston part 4!

I have arrived! Once again a nice drive down highway 45 thru Dallas and onto Houston. I stopped for lunch in a small town and then made it to Houston around 2:00pm. Another museum I wished I had stopped at was the Texas Prison Museum. Once again, maybe next time. I got a little lost trying to find the mission office because the freeways are so darn confusing. They have the freeway which is 4 lanes wide in each direction but then they have what are called feeder roads which run parallel to the freeways 3 to 4 lanes wide one way the same as the freeway direction they are next to. These feeder roads are on and off roads for the freeway. No actual freeway ramps like CA. Just these roads. There are business along the roads too but if you want to go to a business on the other side of the freeway you need to take the feeder road in the opposite direction and make a u turn under the freeway overpass and head back. Very confusing but I will get use to it. So here it is, the mission home and our office is right next door. Sister Bray, the sister I will be living with, came over and met me there. She took me back to our apartment and I settled in. I would have the next day off to take care of errands. There are lots of trees! Where there are no trees there are buildings. But there are still lots of trees and meadows. We are 1 mile from the office on a street with no sidewalks or bike lanes so very few people walk or ride bikes anywhere. It's like that most everywhere. All the streets are concrete too. There will a lot to get use to but I'm happy to be here and starting my mission!



Sister Kathy Bray from Payson Utah. She looked taller in her picture on gmail.

No comments:

Post a Comment