Sunday, November 2, 2014

Road trip to Houston part 1!

I left Provo on Saturday morning after once again packing my stuff and getting it back in my car. My plan was to drive down highway 15 past Nephi and catch 70 down there but my GPS took me another way which worked out pretty well. It was a nice drive thru canyons and hills and plenty of farm land and amazing mountains, hills and valleys. There were plateaus and and rock formations and what looked like and ancient lake bed because there was sand dunes and water marks up on the high cliffs. I stopped in Grand Junction, Colorado for lunch then pushed on to Denver, my plan for the evening stop. I passed these incredible rock formations that looked like giant elephant feet coming off one of the plateaus. There were several of them and I wish I had taken a picture but I just didn't think fast enough. Oh well, here is a picture of one of the plateaus I passed. I also went thru all these beautiful forested mountains in Vale where there is tons of skiing in the winter. It was very beautiful. Denver, however, was a disappointment. I thought it would be this beautiful city tucked away in a tree surrounded valley with mountains and such. But it is NOT! It's just a plain old ugly city. Good nites sleep then onto Kansas in the morning.

Grand Junction Colorado

Along Highway 70 near Grand Junction


On the way to Denver Colorado








Denver, Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment