Sunday, November 2, 2014

Other fun times at the MTC

Aside from classes and eating I had other great moments at the temple. I walked from the MTC to the temple grounds (all up hill going) and spent my first Monday evening enjoying the beauty there. The weather was so perfect the whole time I was there and the sky so clear. I also wanted to hike the "Y" but ran out of time. Each morning I was able to walk on the treadmill in the housing complex I was staying in. I wasn't the only one. Most of our group was in pretty good shape. We had to take 2 group pictures to get us all in. Another evening I went to the Provo temple. I had told Sister Halley, who is a temple worker there and who use to live in our ward, that I would be there and I did get to give her a big hug and visit with her. On Thursday the Brashers, who served in our Sac temple as counselor and asst. matron, arrived a the MTC. They were heading on a mission to Finland to be member support for the YSA branch in the town they would be serving. It was so wonderful to see them. I knew they were coming and told everyone about them. They are wonderful and amazing people and have taught me many great things thru the years. They invited me on Friday nite to go to the Mt Timpanogus temple to do family sealings with Brother Brasher's brother and sisters and their spouses. It was so great to be there with them all. They are a very special family and they allowed me to do some of my family names along with theirs. Afterwards we went to dinner at this great BBQ restaurant. I learned Brother Brasher has a very incredible family who all work with many of the apostles and leaders of the church. Testimony strengthen considerably listening to them speak of our leaders.

Provo Temple

 First half of our group.
I'm in right of center is this picture next to Sister Misner. Second half of our group.


Mt Timpanogus Temple
Me with Brother and Sister Brasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment