Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pack um up and move em out!

My call came the beginning of April. I needed to move out of my house by June 1st. There was sooooo much to do! I needed to go thru all my belongings and decide what I wanted to keep. there was just so much stuff everywhere. I am pretty good about organizing thigs so I just started reorganizing to weed out what I didn't want. I went thru the 1000+ books in my library. That was probably the hardest and took the longest. I booked up the books I knew Toni would want then I filled 10 more boxes of my favorite books. There was a ward activity out my hose one evening so I invited everyone there to take what books they wanted. Some even came back for more. But they still hadn't made enough of a dent. So with Lena and Gabe's help I bagged up all the rest and made several trips to drop them off. I took about 2 dozen bags to the Arthur Turner Library and another 6 bags of church books to DI. Still so much more to do. There were drawers full of pictures and albums and games and.... I actually took the time to sort out all the pictures and put many of them in bins to be albumized later. I did get all the Miller, Zimmermann, Voss and Falck pictures in an album. Sort thru other things and give away, throw away and pack up what was left. Then the big garage sales. The first one didn't turn out too well cause I was new at this and didn't understand the power of advertising.  Fortunately Toni did and ran my add campaign from Rexburg, Idaho where she was attending school. the second one was much better and what was left went to DI. What a job that was!!! The things I kept went to Dale's garage for my move to Las Vegas. Another story but I am grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord in making miracles happen. There were no hiccups with emptying out the house.








No comments:

Post a Comment